Lawn care instructions upon receipt
Looking after new turf once it arrives.
Please download a copy of our Lawn Care instructions which should be strictly followed to ensure that freshly laid turf receives the best care when it is first installed.
Coping with Drought – 10 tips for gardeners laying turf.
- Plan ahead to prevent turf drying out. Don’t have more turf delivered at one time than you can lay.
- Only buy turf from a TGA grower or one of its stockists. That way you will know the turf is fresh when you buy it. Turffit Ltd are members of the TGA.
- Buy the right type of turf for the job in hand. Turffit Ltd have the knowledge to help you make the best choice
- When your turf is delivered, stack it in a shady place with the aim of laying all that is delivered during the course of one day
- Prepare and wet the ground immediately before laying your turf. Consider incorporating a water-retaining soil conditioner to help keep the soil moist.
- To conserve water, lay and water-in 20% of the delivery at a time. This means the first turf you lay won’t have dried out by the time you reach the end
- Give the turf a light rolling to ensure good contact with the soil underneath.
- In the following days, only water in the early morning or early evening so the sun doesn’t burn off the water you’ve applied.
- Hold back on the mowing. The blades of grass should be at least one inch in height.
- As the lawn establishes over the first 28 days, reduce the level of watering while ensuring that it doesn’t dry out and turn brown.
After 28 days, your lawn should be well established. Enjoy it!
Our team are always on hand for advice and information – call 01592 869000