In these conditions of sale:
The company means Turffit Ltd trading as Turffit. Registered address: Levenmouth Steadings, Scotlandwell, Kinross, KY13 9JH. Company No: SC282220.
Correspondence address: Kirkness Farm, Ballingry, Fife, Scotland, KY5 0HH
The customer means any person contracting with the company for the supply of products or services.
Delivery means delivery by the company or any subcontractor employed by the company directly or indirectly.
These conditions may only be modified by a variation in writing signed on behalf of the company by a Director.
Submission of a purchase order online will be taken as agreement to these conditions of sale.
2. Supply of Products
Products are sold under the express understanding that:
1. Contracts for the supply of goods or services to retail or domestic customers are governed by The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) and supplied in compliance with, The Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations 2000 as amended by S1689 2005. Any customers contacting in the course of their business are excluded from consumer protection legislation and are contacting with the company on a business to business basis.
2. The customer fully is made aware that turf and other natural products. We cannot guarantee that the appearance and/or colours of products shown on this site exactly reproduce the appearance and/or colours of the physical products themselves. Natural products may show some colour variations. All sizes quoted are approximate
3. The customer fully understands that turf is a perishable product, which must be properly laid on properly prepared ground with no risk to drought and adequately watered within 6 hours of delivery if conditions are dry.
4. The company require any complaint to be made in writing by the customer within 48 hours of collection or delivery. If the customer is dissatisfied with the product then it must be returned to the company within 5 working days after the complaint has been logged. A refund will then be made for the original purchase price.
5. Customers are required to pay by credit card/debit card at the time of ordering.
6. Prices quoted are all-inclusive & delivered unless otherwise stated.
7. All turf (however delivered) shall be at the customers risk from the time of collection (if so collected) or from the time of delivery. After such time the company shall be under no liability for loss or damage or deterioration of the turf from whatever cause arising.
1. The company will make every effort to deliver turf on the agreed date, but if for any reason the company is unable to deliver then no liability whether in damages or otherwise for delay of whole or any part of the goods ordered arising from any cause whatsoever.
2. Delivery by the company shall be conditional upon access free from encumbrances and good roads being available to the companys vehicles to the place of delivery.
3. The company will not accept any liability for damages to property caused during delivery.
4. If the company, or its agent cannot gain access to the delivery address then additional costs may be incurred. Deliveries are made using large vehicles and it is the customer’s responsibility to inform the company if there may be an access problem. The company will confirm the outcome by e-mail. In such cases that delivery, in the opinion of the company is not possible, then the company reserves the right to cancel the order. This above action must be completed before 2.00 pm on the day prior to delivery. E-mail confirmation of orders also request the customer to contact the company if a delivery problem may occur. Delivery vehicles use tail lift offloading, and it must be emphasized that the delivery vehicle must be able to park in an area where the delivery is to be made. A pallet truck is then used to manoeuvre the turf or other products off the tail lift to the kerbside delivery point. The customer, or somebody appointed by the customer, should be at the delivery point to accept the delivery.
5. Deliveries requested AM are to be delivered before 13:00 and PM deliveries after 12:00. Failure to meet these times will result in a refund for the extra cost paid for AM or PM. The actual time of delivery must be written on the delivery note and signed for. If drop requested without signature no refund can be applied.
4. Cancellation/Returns Policy
1. The customer has the right to cancel any product or services except perishable goods are listed in sub point 4 below. Any cancellation must be made within 7 days from the date of the order being placed.
2. Cancellations are not accepted by telephone and must be by one of the following methods:
a. Electronic Mail to email@example.com
b. Fax to 01592 869 111
c. Letter to Kirkness Farm, Ballingry, Fife, Scotland, KY5 0HH. Letters will be have been deemed to be received two working days following the postmark date.
3. Customers are required to return the goods, at their own expense, to Kirkness Farm, Ballingry, Fife, Scotland, KY5 0HH within 7 working days of delivery.
4. Perishable goods are Turf, Shrubs, Living Plants and Cut Christmas Trees. All other goods are non-perishable
5. Perishable goods are excluded from cancellation under The Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations 2000 as amended by S1689, 2005.
5. Order amendments
Any order amendments must be made before goods are despatched, despatch may be up to two working days prior to delivery. A unique amendment reference will be returned with your amendment confirmation email; this will be needed in any further correspondence or dispute. We are unable to amend orders after despatch.
6. Company’s Premises
1. The customer will at all times be responsible for the security and insurance of their equipment.
2. The customer will comply with all requirements of Health & Safety Legislation
3. Delivery will be made on a kerb side delivery basis and will be the customer’s responsibility to move the turf from the place of delivery to the area of turf laying.
4. The company accepts no responsibility for injury or damage caused to persons or equipment whilst on company premises.
7. Working Days
Working days are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Saturday and Sunday are not working days.
These conditions and any contract or variation are governed by the law of Scotland. Any disputes arising from these conditions or any contract or variation entered into by the company with the customer which cannot be settled in the ordinary course of business shall be referred to a single arbitrator in accordance with the arbitration act 1950 or any modification thereof for the time being in force.
This policy does not affect your statutory rights.